To receive notifications in your app on your device there are two things that needs to be completed:
- The first is to connect your app and device to a User (u) or Contact (c) in My Pingdom.
- In the case of a contact it needs to be selected with the appropriate check boxes in the settings for the check, in the case of a User the Alert Policies needs to be set up and connected to a check.
The first step is accomplished by:
- logging in to the app on your device
- followed by going to the menu up in the left corner and selecting Settings
- You are now presented with you accounts Users and Contacts, select one of these to connect you device and app to a all Users (u) and Contacts (c)
The second step consists of two approaches depending on if you are using Contacts or Users.
To set up notifications for your device via a Contact:
- Go to Monitoring, select either Transaction och Uptime, depending on which check you want to get alerts for.
- Open the edit modal window and scroll down to the alert settings, select Basic Alerting
- Make sure that the check box beside you name is checked and then that the appropriate device, iOS or Android is selected
- Save the settings by clicking Modify Check and you are set.
To set up notifications for your device via a User:
- Go to Alerting > Users, click the name beside your User and select edit
- You should be presented with the contact methods for this User and your device would be listed here
- Now you need to set up a new fallback for this User, click the ADD FALLBACK button and select the fallback for your device
- You can add a delay as well
- Make sure that the severity level settings are correct as well
- The last thing to remember is to make sure that your User is connected to at least one Alert Policy and that it in turn is connected to your checks.
A couple of things to think about here, to get this to work with Incident alerts, you need to be logged into your own user account, if your account has multi-user access make sure you switch to your own account first to connect your user, BeepManager access.