Go to Monitoring > Real User Monitoring in the menu on the left. Here you will either find an empty page or a list of already existing RUM sites added.
Up in the right corner there is a button labeled Add New, click this button to start adding a new RUM site.
A modal window will open to give you some options:
- Enter the URL of the site you want to monitor.
- Add a name for the Real User Monitor.
- Next up is a check box that specifies if you want to monitor subdomains as well, this is a Professional and Enterprise feature only.
- The load time slider sets how load times will be reported, if your users are satisfied or not. You can read more about the Apdex rating here.
- The last setting is for the timezone that this site is in, as this will be independent from the time-zone setting of your Pingdom account.
Here is a sample of that code, the ID is unique to each RUM site you add:
var _prum = [['id', ID],
['mark', 'firstbyte', (new Date()).getTime()]];
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')
, p = document.createElement('script');
p.async = 'async';
p.src = '//rum-static.pingdom.net/prum.min.js';
As soon as that is done we will begin collecting performance data from actual visitors to your site!