Changing the account email (the one used to log in to the main account with) can be done from the User Settings of the account owner.
Here are the steps to get to the correct page and updating the email address:
- Log in to the account
- Go to Settings > Account Settings, update the details on this page - if needed - and save them.
- Click the "User Settings" button on the Account Settings Page to change the Account Email
- Don't forget to type in your current password, and then Save the changes.
Once saved you will be automatically logged out and have to log in again with the new details.
Keep in mind that this does not in any way change the way you get alerts, this will have to be configured in the specific contact settings (if you use Basic Alerting) or in the user settings (if you use Incident alerts).
If when trying to change the log in email you get an error message saying that the Email Address already is in Use, it means there is an account registered under it and you will need to remove this account first.
- Login in with the email address you tried changing the main account to on my.pingdom.com (Please make sure you're logged in with the correct email address or your main account with all your checks will be deleted)
- If you don't have a password, just click on Forgot your password? to set a new one.
- Click this link: https://my.pingdom.com/account/cancel/confirm and do the exit survey to cancel the account.
Once you have followed the instructions to cancel the account under the email address you want to use for your Main account, just go back to the top of this guide and follow the first four steps to change the account email.
If you run in to any issues during this process, or have any questions, please just submit a ticket here and Support will help you out!