Changing the account email, the one used to log in to the main account with, can be done from the User Settings of the account owner in My Pingdom.
Here are the steps to get to the correct page and updating the email address:
- Log in to the account via https://my.pingdom.com
- Got to Users and Teams > Users
- Click the ellipsis button (. . .)
- Click on “Edit”
- Click on “Change login email”
- Don't forget to type in your current password, and then Save the changes, you do not need to enter a new password if you do not want to. It is not possible to update the account email address and password at the same time, so leave the new password fields empty.
Once saved you will be automatically logged out and have to log in again with the new details.
Keep in mind that this does not in any way change the way you get alerts, this will have to be configured in the specific contact settings under Users and teams > Users.
If when trying to change the log in email you get an error message saying that the Email Address already is in Use,it means that you have to contact us so that we can make some changes so that you can use that email address for a new account.